Jenny has been consistently expanding her massage therapy and manual therapy skill set over the last 12 years. Her most recent seminar attendance is listed below with informational links. Her constant pursuit of continuing education reflects, in part, her own healing journey. These modalities have personally impacted her life. Her choice of study is based on observations of efficacy within her own body and those of her clients.
WHAT IS CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY?
Here is a description taken directly from the Upledger Institute’s website:
“CranioSacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle, hands-on approach that releases tensions deep in the body to relieve pain and dysfunction and improve whole-body health and performance. It was pioneered and developed by Osteopathic Physician John E. Upledger after years of clinical testing and research at Michigan State University where he served as professor of biomechanics.”
Jenny is an intermediate level practitioner of Barnes Myofascial Release which blends beautifully with CranioSacral Therapy.
No matter what techniques are used, intention is one of the main keys in providing effective manual therapy that supports whole body healing. Jenny works with her clients to facilitate the body’s innate healing process.
Past career trainings include: Thai Massage, Reiki, Pregnancy Massage, Reflexology, Precision Neuromuscular Therapy and Ortho-Bionomy. While she no longer delves into these modalities in her current studies, her practice has been shaped by these seminars and techniques may still be utilized in her work. Jenny has an extensive toolbox from which she can customize her clients’ sessions.
- Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1, completed twice
- Myofascial Rebounding
- Myofascial Unwinding, completed twice
- Myofascial Release II
- Myofascial Release I
Scar tissue trainings
- Scar Tissue Management: Massage Therapy Principles, Practice and Protocols
- STRAIT Method™ of scar tissue release, Level 3, Abdominal/Pelvic region
- STRAIT Method™ of scar tissue release, Level 1, Foundations
Precision Neuromuscular Therapy certified in 2015, began studies in 2012.
- National Massage Therapy Institute, Falls Church, VA, Therapeutic Massage, Feb 2007
- George Washington University, Washington, DC, BA in Psychology, May 2000